Ambien not helping anymore

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wannasleep
    ✘ Not a client

I’ve had insomnia my whole life. Been on ambien for a few years and it has quit working. Took 3 10 mgs tonight, no sleep. I also took some zquil (no effect) and remeron (actually think it wakes me up more). The problem is my brain refuses to go into sleep mode and my eyes refuse to stay shut which causes them to burn painfully. Ambien is the only thing that has ever helped me sleep (aside from very large amounts of benzos or getting drunk).

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear about your long-term struggle with sleep. As you know, sleeping pills such as Ambien are not a long-term solution for insomnia — and these drugs are not supposed to be taken for more than a few weeks. As I’m sure you also recognize, alcohol is not the answer, either.

Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I)? When do you currently go to bed at night, when do you get out of bed in the morning, and how many hours of sleep do you get on a typical night?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!