Hi my name is…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by seenafterscene 9 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ChloeM
    ✘ Not a client

Hello, my name is Chloe and I'm an insomniac.

I've been an insomniac since I was 12 so I'm kinda use to it by now. And I've learned how to deal with it — watching DVDs, blogging, eating, and basically just staying up until I'm ready for my eyes to close and sleep. My grandma used to give me cough syrup when I was young but that doesn't work anymore. So here I am, at 1:30am and wide awake. So, hi all!

~Chloe

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Hi Chloe 🙂

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the group.

Have you ever gone to a doctor for your insomnia?

LindsayK
    ✘ Not a client

Hi, Chloe! Nice to meet you!

seenafterscene
    ✘ Not a client

Hi Chloe. Welcome.

I have one (fond?) memory of insomnia from when I was pretty young, maybe 12, where I was at some “sleepover” where all the loser kids actually went to sleep (like 30 kids or something) and I was the biggest loser because I literally asked the chaperone or whatever he was, I forgot what the event was, for Nyquil.

Also, you live in Atlanta, which in my opinion has the simultaenous best and worst nicknames ever. My favorites are the standard “A-T-L,” the awesome word “Hotlanta.”

emmaree
    ✘ Not a client

Hi chloe welcome

look forward to reading your post and getting to know you better

yourfavoritecyn
    ✘ Not a client

Hi, Chloe! Great (and not so, for obvious reasons) to have you here! 🙂

seenafterscene
    ✘ Not a client

Just an unnecessary side note, we should chat on Twitter more. I haven't been as active online the past few days, but I see you've already met me new Insomnia BFF Lindsay. 😛 i do warn you though, i can be dreadfully silly sometimes. also, sometimes offensive.

ChloeM
    ✘ Not a client

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I just got back from an 11-day Caribbean vacation wherein my insomnia actually came in handy… you know, the least amount of sleep so that you can enjoy everything!!! See you guys around here.

Chloe.

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Ooo, nice! I hope you're going to upload some photos for us – make us all envious 😉

seenafterscene
    ✘ Not a client

I hope you enjoy the Carribean I'd say “Jamaican me crazy,” because as awfully un-PC as this as it is, it is a phrase that amuses me. But it's also highly corny and overused. So how about I sing for you…”Aruba, Jamiaca…oooh I wanna take you…to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Mama….Key Largo, Montego, Baby we don't we go, don't to Kokoomo…” Oh man, haven't thought of that song in years. Probably a good reason for that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!