I want to stay asleep!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jlh1211
    ✘ Not a client

I go to bed at the same time most nights (8-9 pm) because I can stay awake…then 3-4 hours later I’m awake only to not sleep the rest of the night!

i go to a counselor 1x a week

take lexapro

and lorazepam before bed

HELP

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Sorry to hear about your struggles with sleep. I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you feel sleepy at around 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM?
    2. When you wake during the night, what do you think is stopping you from falling back to sleep?
    3. What do you do when you are in bed and can’t fall back to sleep?
    4. When do you get out of bed?
    5. Roughly how many hours of sleep would you say you get on a typical night?

If you can share a bit more information, we will be able to offer some suggestions.

Jlh1211
    ✘ Not a client

I go to sleep between 8 and 9  because I’m so tired I can’ stay awake…so I go to bed versus falling asleep in a chair.

when I wake up, my mind is processing whatever issue or problem I have.  I have tried mediatation; currrently see a counselor once a week and have tried reading.  I am going to try and get out of bed after 20 minutes and read until tired, and go back to bed.

i normally get out of bed around 5-6 am and exercise (peloton bike or walk).

i am sleeping 3-3.5 hrs per night….weekday or weekends.

Thanks for any suggestions or input.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!