Japan earthquake and tsunami

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by IvanAleisterMesniaa 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

I hope members of Insomnia Land and their friends and family aren't affected by events in Japan.

My wife and I are currently on vacation in Mexico. We were woken up during the night when our Oregon landlord called telling us about the earthquake and potential tsunami. Our house is out of the tsunami zone so it should be OK even if a tsunami hits.

We should be OK here in Mexico too. We're by the beach but apparently there are good warning systems in place and where we are staying there is a big lagoon protecting us from the beach. No ocean lazing today I guess.

cherrychapstik
    ✘ Not a client
    'Martin' wrote on '11:

I hope members of Insomnia Land and their friends and family aren't affected by events in Japan.

My wife and I are currently on vacation in Mexico. We were woken up during the night when our Oregon landlord called telling us about the earthquake and potential tsunami. Our house is out of the tsunami zone so it should be OK even if a tsunami hits.

We should be OK here in Mexico too. We're by the beach but apparently there are good warning systems in place and where we are staying there is a big lagoon protecting us from the beach. No ocean lazing today I guess.

It's so crazy. My aunt and uncle were in Hawaii when the tsunami hit there, but luckily they have wealthy friends with a house high up on the mountain. Those friends invited them to stay after the tsunami warning hit. They got on a plane to come home as soon as possible.

IvanAleisterMesniaa
    ✘ Not a client

We're safe here in Nova Scotia. I got a friend over in Japan who thankfully got out safe, he was over there studying learning japanese etc. He's currently back home in town.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!