Lack of sleep is killing me

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Barceneaux529
    ✘ Not a client

I cannot sleep and I need any tips or advice I practice good sleep hygiene I use a sleep mask and earplugs or headphones I go to bed around the same time every night but because I’m 57 years old I have problems with going to the bathroom and when I wake up even after taking sleeping pills and sometimes antidepressants I cannot go back to sleep I think this condition is killing me

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles with sleep — but let me first reassure you that you are capable of sleep and that it is very unlikely that the difficulties you are experiencing with sleep are going to kill you.

You mentioned that you go to bed at the same time every night — are you sleepy when you go to bed? Can you give us a few more details about your sleep routine? For example, what time do you typically go to bed, when do you get out of bed in the morning, and roughly how many hours of sleep do you usually get?

Do you tend to find it more difficult to initially fall asleep, or do you tend to find it hard to fall back to sleep after waking during the night?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!