Sleep restriction – will it vet better?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jonna
    ✘ Not a client

Hi!

I have participated in a 9 week long cognitive behavioural therapy treatment for sleep problems. The treatment consisted of things like sleep restriction and stimuli control. I have had sleep problems for many years but the last year has been the worse so far.

I have been able to stop taking sleep medicin but otherwise sleep hasn’t improved to a level which I can feel is tolerable. I sleep very badly about once per week and the rest of the days I sleep around 5 hours per night. I am very worried that this will affect my health very negatively.

I was wondering if someone has experienced that sleep restriction can take much time and if there is anything I should do to improve it. I am worried that sleep restriction won’t help me, and then I don’t know what to do.

Any help is much appreciated!

/Jonna

Steve
    ✘ Not a client

Hi Jonna. Can I ask you a couple of questions? I would appreciate your honesty in answering them. The first is, where did you take your CBT-i course? Online or in person with a trained sleep therapist? The second is, did you follow your Sleep Window religiously? And the third is, did you practice Stimulus Control religiously, such as getting out of bed after 30 minutes if you aren’t asleep, and even if it means getting out of bed 2, 3 or 4 times a night? Thanks you for answering.

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

How are you getting on, Jonna? When does your current sleep window start and end?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!