Sleepiness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Worrier
    ✘ Not a client

My biggest sleep chalence is being able to have at least 6 hours of sleep without sleeping aids.I have insomnia for almost 50 years they started with family problems, problems at work.

I try to read at bed time, going to bed at the same time, listen to soft music, listen to christian meditations, warm milk, tylenol.

when nothing of the above worked, I take melatonin pill, or worst ambien, or ativan.

Insomnia coach gave me hopes that maybe I could sleep without depending on sleep aids.

My biggest concern is sleep aids dependency, addiction, drowsiness, and dizziness in the morning

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Welcome to the forum, Worrier — and I am sorry to hear about your almost 50-year struggle with insomnia. First, let me reassure you that you are capable of sleep and that you have not lost the ability to sleep.

What made you decide that your sleep goal is to get six hours of sleep? When do you currently go to bed at night, when do you get out of bed in the morning, and how many hours of sleep do you get on a typical night at the present time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!