Staying Asleep

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Martin Reed 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lanahanm
    ✘ Not a client

I don’t have a problem falling asleep; I just wake up between 2 and 3 am every morning for the day.

Doglover
    ✓ Client

Have you tried CBTI?  The first weeks were rough for me but reduced the length of wakeup and frequency of the wakeups or interrupted sleep.

from my post:  I name a brief wakeup without getting out of bed, a ‘rollover.’  Using the sleep compression technique of CBTi, my wakeups are fewer and generally shorter.  Using an icon on my cell to zip into Insomnia Coach relaxation tapes meant 3 wakeups were only brief rollovers, maybe 10-15 duration total.  Hooray.  (I prefer the brevity, content and the voice of these over ones I have used on YouTube, not to mention the ads waking me up when a  YouTube is complete. Argh.). Anything that keeps me sleepy in bed is a victory over getting up and problem solving.  I wish you a Happy Sleep.

Martin Reed
    ★ Admin

Waking during the night is actually quite normal and tends to occur between sleep cycles. These only tend to become a problem if we start to worry about these awakenings because worry activates the arousal system and makes it harder to fall back to sleep. When you wake during the night, why do you think you find it difficult to fall back to sleep?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!